Click Logo For My Website

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Bejeweled and Bedazzled

Just wanted to share a little 'outside the box' thinking with you.
A couple of years ago I purchased the cutest little pillow to grace a bench I had in my dining room. Black and velvety, a gentle flounce of organza bordered it. I loved the combination of the two very different textures and the feminine touch that was created by the wave of organza. But.... nestled among the other pillows on the bench, something seemed amiss. Like a black dress in need of a gold necklace, my pillow lacked oomph. Well, I couldn't adorn it with a necklace, but what about a gold broach. Off to my jewelery box I headed. I didn't own a gold broach but a pair of earrings, untouched since the '80's, called out to me. I took one of the earrings, centred it on the pillow and voila! The little black velvet pillow bejeweled.... now bedazzled. When downsizing last year I just couldn't part with that little pillow. I knew it would find a home somewhere in our condo. And so it has.






Design Tip: Think inside your jewelry box when you want to transform bland into beautiful. And when you do , I'm sure you will garner Rave Re:views. I'd love you to share your "outside the box " thinking with me. Or in this case... inside the box.


Glad to be back blogging. I was away for a week and upon my return home a couple of job prospects presented themselves to me. What a great way to start the new year!

While away I bought a super new camera that I know will serve me well . As a home stager/ redesigner a camera is a necessity, not a luxury. My 7 year old Canon was dying a slow death. Goodbye to purple blurriness. My new camera, a Panasonic Lumix ZS3, with its ability to take wide angle shots is a dream come true. Today I ran around Homesense snapping picture after picture of some fantastic finds but please bear with me. Now I have to learn how to transfer the photos on to my computer. That's next on tonight's 'to do' list.






No comments:

Post a Comment

blogarama - the blog directory

BlogCatalog

My BlogCatalog BlogRank
Local Directory for Halifax, NS