Click Logo For My Website

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Home Staging And Loving It!!

Why have I not blogged for a few days??? Because.........
this week I was hired to stage an unoccupied property. My first such project. The owners moved into their new home in December. The house has been on the market since the early fall. The initial intention was to rent furniture and create a warm inviting space. Room size was not an issue. The 80's fixtures, bathrooms, kitchen and carpeting were. And so what began as a day of 'showcasing' has grown into a week of project management. (Check out my web site to learn more about 'showcasing') Soliciting and overseeing the services of painters, electricians and handy women/men has been one of my job requirements as has been the sourcing of lighting fixtures, faucets, furniture rentals and paint colours.

Have you seen me darting around town ?


I am thankful to my very busy clients who have put their trust in me. While I have done this as a nonprofessional both when renovating my husband's animal hospital and designing the kitchen and bathrooms of our condo, this is the first time I have done so as a full fledged Home Stager.


Home Staging is both a mental and physical undertaking. I'm exhausted and exilharated and loving it!!!! Once the job has been completed I'll share my before and afters.

1 comment:

  1. A whole house? That's amazing! I can't wait to see the before and afters.

    ReplyDelete

blogarama - the blog directory

BlogCatalog

My BlogCatalog BlogRank
Local Directory for Halifax, NS