Click Logo For My Website

Saturday, October 10, 2009

From One Table To Another














A year ago my husband and I downsized from a 3500 sq. ft. house in a suburban neighbourhood to a 1400sq. ft condo in the city core. ( a subject which I will write about some other time) And I must add that I am loving it!!!!

Well, I purchased a trendy looking little table covered in faux snakeskin from Homesense, quite a few months prior to our move. I was going to place it in between two funky leopard look upholstered chairs. When we finally settled into our condo, the table didn't work in between the chairs. So what did I do? I reinvented it.

I flipped it on its side.
Lay a mirror on top to act as the table surface.
Covered the mirror with faux leather and VOILA......
My reinvented table.

I was going to simply use the mirror as the table top but found that the reflections on the table surface were distracting, hence the pleather insert.

The table looks great and functions perfectly in our den/ guest room as a side table next to our 1980's era black leather sofa bed. It has received a number of
Rave Re:views
!!


Looking forward to sharing more reinventions and tips with you in the days to come.





No comments:

Post a Comment

blogarama - the blog directory

BlogCatalog

My BlogCatalog BlogRank
Local Directory for Halifax, NS